Rubber-Lip Pleco questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tahl

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am trying to figure out some information about the rubber-lip pleco that is sold at PetSmart, because their website says they grow to 10 inches. In one store they have a card that says they grow to 18 and another store it said they grow to 8 inches. I'm not exactly sure which one is right, but I was wondering if this is L187b or not?

The top part is a lot darker than in the picture and his underside is a light color.

If it is the L187b, then they're completely off on the size information. Unless that particular store has someone knowledgeable about fish who has been empowered to ensure that the correct information is posted, I would not recommend relying on the information posted. It's common to see very incorrect information supplied to chain stores.

I was really hoping to hear something along what you guys said. I've got a 55 gallon tank setup and wanted to keep all of our fish around the 6 inch max mark. I was fairly sure the woman at the store didn't know what she was talking about, especially when she forgot to leave air in the bag that she sent me home with the pleco.

Back
Top Bottom