Rubber lipped not eating??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lollipops

Aquarium Advice Regular
My goldie just got a rubber lipped friend!! And oh my gosh I love him! He's adorable!

My goldie now lives in a warmer tank :) I keep the tank at 72F to keep the pleco happy..... OR I DID UNTIL MY HEATER CRAPPED OUT!!! Now the tank gets cold at night :( New heater on the way.

My major concern is that even before the heater went out, I can't get him to eat algae wafers :( I have a patch of algae on the glass that I've seen him nibble on, so that makes me feel better, and he hangs out sucked on to this piece of driftwood that has some algae on it...

Is he starving?! D: I hear sometime they can be finicky eaters....

Your rubber lipped Pleco is probably fine. Many varieties of Pleco are wood eaters, like my gold nugget and royal Plecos. They also eat algae and what ever food makes it to the bottom. I don't bother feeding them algae wafers. Both Plecos are 6 y.o. and doing fine. Don't over feed your Pleco. Just a small piece of a wafer every third day will probably be fine and you will probably see an improvement in his appetite. Good luck.

Many rubber lips like meat. Get some shrimp pellets earthworm pellets and it's on. Gold fish will also like those. They do like a little bit of flow

Back
Top Bottom