Rummy Nose Tetra community tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sweetcarolinex3

Aquarium Advice Activist
I would love to keep a large school of rummy nose tetra in my new 55 gallon. Does anyone have and very bright and colorful nonaggressive tank mate suggestions?

Hi, I have rummys they're great. Also in with neon tetras, assorted male guppies, juli corydoras, golden nugget pleco, khuli loaches, flying fox but these aren't colourful but have great personalities and they all get on brilliantly :)

I would love to keep a large school of rummy nose tetra in my new 55 gallon. Does anyone have and very bright and colorful nonaggressive tank mate suggestions?

Cardinal Tetra, if you are looking for another schooling fish to go with them! As for a feature fish, try dwarf American cichlids, my personal favourite is the german blue ram!

Cardinal Tetra, if you are looking for another schooling fish to go with them! As for a feature fish, try dwarf American cichlids, my personal favourite is the german blue ram!

That's my favorite too! I just wanted one school and several different feature fish if possible.

If you're looking for a larger fish, angels work fine with rummynose. Or apistogramma, which tend to be much hardier than rams.

If you're looking for a larger fish, angels work fine with rummynose. Or apistogramma, which tend to be much hardier than rams.

I was hoping someone would say angels! Thanks:) I have to look up apistiogramma though

I was hoping someone would say angels! Thanks:) I have to look up apistiogramma though

Allow me to help..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1402268900776.jpg
    1402268900776.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 121
  • 1402268937124.jpg
    1402268937124.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 120
  • 1402268951971.jpg
    1402268951971.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 119
  • 1402268966264.jpg
    1402268966264.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 126
Pair of rams would be nice. Marbled hatchetfish aren't very colorful but they are unique.

What do you guys think of acei cichlids? Would they be a problem with German blue rams?

Threadfin Rainbowfish could be another option; although, I don't know if they would fare with Angelfish well.

Anyone that has some rummys I wanted to let you know that I put a cucumber in my tank to supplement my snails diet but they tetras didn't like it! As soon as I took it out and fed them a bit their faces got red again.

Anyone that has some rummys I wanted to let you know that I put a cucumber in my tank to supplement my snails diet but they tetras didn't like it! As soon as I took it out and fed them a bit their faces got red again.

Really? You mean they go pale when you place the cucumber in the tank? That's the first time I've heard of it, I supplement my BN once a week with zucchini and/or cucumber as well. However, I do it after the lights are off for an hour or so.

Really? You mean they go pale when you place the cucumber in the tank? That's the first time I've heard of it, I supplement my BN once a week with zucchini and/or cucumber as well. However, I do it after the lights are off for an hour or so.

I'm not sure when they went pale but as soon as I took out the cucumber and fed them a little they brightened right back up!

Back
Top Bottom