Rummy nose tetras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bferreira

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I have had 2 rummy nose for a couple months now. Just yesterday I picked up 8 more so there could be a school of 10. At the store they had no color, I didn't even know they were rummy nose until I read the sign. I put them in my tank and were still really white and colorless. Today I checked on them and the two I had are very red and the other ones I bought are slightly red. Does it take a while for them to color up? Is something wrong with them? What can I do to help them color up?

Yes they should colour up. They are usually stressed at the lfs and it can take them a few days to relax and settle in. To help them keep nice clean water.

I just did a 25% water change and did some tests. My ph is 7.8 and ammonia is .25. Those tests are all before the water change.

Those are the rummy nose. The one that is bright red is the one that was there for a while.

image-3962050418.jpg

Mine didn't really color up for a few weeks. Floating plants and lots of plants in general will definitely help them overcome their initial shyness too. But yeah, just give them a couple of weeks to settle in and as long as your water params are fine they'll soon be nice and red. :)

Yes, been up and running for almost a year.

Okay so sine you have some ammonia my guess is its stressing the fish out. The ammo is probably because of the sudden additon of eight fish. Keep tabs on all your params and perform a 50% PWC whenever nitrites or ammonia is higher than .25.

Back
Top Bottom