Rust colored algae?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puriti

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was looking at my Whisper filter today and the little black piece that sticks out to direct the flowing water out is covered in rust colored something...i'm going to assume it's algae since everytime I whipe it off it comes back and is kinda slimy >__<

Im going through the same thing right now because my tank is also fairly new ..... but it has already started to go away after like a week but also my cherry shrimp and MTS seem to be heping get rid of it too .... HTH

Ray

My tank has been established for 5 months and I still get all kinds of slimy goopy different colored algae growing on my filter discharge. My mollie can't get to it otherwise it would be gone. I don't even worry about it anymore and clean it once every couple of months to be sure it isn't clogging the discharge

It's really not relatively new @__@ but it might just be because I did that full out cleaning thing I shouldn't have done but if I remember right it was doing it BEFORE that and I've had the tank up for months >__<

Yeah my mollies don't poke at it...it's not really a lot it's just covering the wording on it... then again my fish are weird and like to go into my filter where the filter media is... dumb fish. It's just a good thing that the propeller thing is in a place they can't get to.

Back
Top Bottom