S. Petricola with Rams?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dirt Diggler

Aquarium Advice Freak
Can an S. Petricola be kept with Rams? I know I can get some Pygmy Corys in there, but that's a schooling fish. Would a single S. Petricola do well with Rams? I know they prefer higher pH but I thought I'd ask.

I wouldn't as they not only prefer higher ph but also prefer slightly cooler temps than rams prefer. Also the rams, if you have a pair that would decide to spawn, could seriously harass it. Heck they could harass it if they want the territory the rams want.

What size tank? And what other fish besides rams?

A 10g is really tight even for a pair of rams. Have you thought about a Nano fish tank? I started a 55g Nano fish tank not long ago and you could do something really fun. Scarlet Badis, Chili Rasbora's, Ember Tetra's, Clown Killifish, any of the Dwarf Pencilfish, Burmese Rosey Loaches, and a ton more different fish! You could also do shrimp along with most of these fish.

A 10g is really tight even for a pair of rams. Have you thought about a Nano fish tank? I started a 55g Nano fish tank not long ago and you could do something really fun. Scarlet Badis, Chili Rasbora's, Ember Tetra's, Clown Killifish, any of the Dwarf Pencilfish, Burmese Rosey Loaches, and a ton more different fish! You could also do shrimp along with most of these fish.

I seen some of the Nano tanks, but they are out of my budget right now. I was able to score a used 40 gallon that I will be able to move them into once it's cycled. Right now it looks like the 10 gallon will simply have to do until then. Tons of water changes, and 3 filters on the little thing. They are all still babies so I have a little time, but yes, they are moving into a larger home soon. Thank you for the advice folks!

Back
Top Bottom