SA cichlid filter stoped working

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Plecolover18

Aquarium Advice Freak
For days now my Aqueon filter has been going off and on but today it stopped completely! Will my fish be ok with no filtration till it comes back on or is there a way to make it come back on?

Try adjusting filters in it . Have you tried to clean the entire thing inside an out ?

Yeo, ive heard of this happening with Aqueon filters before. My first thing to do would be too if you have a warranty on it take it back and if you dont just throw it out honestly. Then I would suggest a better filter brand such as AquaClear or Tetra Or Marineland. What is the size of the tank and what is your stock?

I can't agree, I've had an aqueon 20 for at least 6 years now and it runs great. Ripped out the garbage media inserts and put in my own media. Keeps my 5 gallon chi tank crystal clear and NO problems. Give aqueon a buzz and talk them up, see what they can do

I hate aqueon for this reason, ime if it shuts off once it's not gonna make a come back. I'd throw an air stone in if you have one to keep the tank oxygenated

I know it sounds kinda obvious but have you tried cleaning out the impeller well? It's something that a lot of people forget about, and it'll cause the type of problem that you've got.

Back
Top Bottom