Sad Ottos =(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cohenjl13

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello everyone (again),

I have 6 ottos in my 110 and there is more than enough food/algae/wafers etc for them to be fat and happy. Everyone gets along and the water parameters are great, with 25% weekly water changes.

So the issue? They have been sitting this in same plant in the same spots for weeks now, not moving. You can see one on top of branch, hes extremely pale but a fatty (hes my oldest one from my original 10g 2 years ago). I'm not sure whats going on, anyone have any advice to get comfortable again and roaming again?

Attachments

• IMG_0783.jpg
    IMG_0783.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 60
Maybe yours prefer the lights off, more active at night?

Mine seem to be active all the time. They enjoy the slices of cucumber that I give them.

Attachments

• 20171028_130309.jpg
    20171028_130309.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 53
Ill give that a try, do you blanch them first or just put them on a rock?

I don't blanch them, although I have heard that some people do for zucchini. I don't eat zucchini, so I don't buy zucchini, so they don't get zucchini. :D

I wash, peel, and then cut the cuke into slices about 1/4 inch thick, like you would when you make a salad. I will peel and slice the whole cuke, and keep the slices in a tupperware container in the fridge. they seem to last. I use rubber bands to attach them to a flat rock, and put them in the tank.

A slice is usually god for a couple days. When you see the rubber band make the edges of the cuke fold up, you should probably remove it and replace. It will get pretty mushy after that.

The he could be a she. They say fatter ones are females. But two. How is the heat. Could be too hot. Another thing I learned is that they change lighter color in the dark. I would read up on the pregnant part. and maybe test the water too.

I test the water every couple days and the tank is sitting at a cool 72. They just used to be so active but lately I don’t know what’s going on

Not within the last month, its been going on for a while i just now thought about asking everyone

Not within the last month, its been going on for a while i just now thought about asking everyone
The life span on the little guys are 3-5 yrs. But, look for eggs on the leafs. They will lay them there. I don't know if you'll beable to see them or not. Your tank looks pretty set up for those guys. Might feel comfortable enough to reproduce. Never know.

Lol! Maybe! I'd look on leafs. That would be awesome, Not many people can make that happen.

Lol! Maybe! I'd look on leafs. That would be awesome, Not many people can make that happen.
Another thing too, is that you have 6 in a 110 gallon? tank, could feel like the wild life for them. I'm just throwing the baby thing out there. Just sounds alittle odd for those guys to just sit around when you've had them for a while. And you keep up on the tank.

If they were sick or not eating one should have passed, but they are all still alive, just not moving. Maybe they are nocturnal?

If they were sick or not eating one should have passed, but they are all still alive, just not moving. Maybe they are nocturnal?
Maybe! I'd get the flash light out tonight. be a spy.? Or have a night light by the tank. I don't think they are sick.

Back
Top Bottom