Sad story

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharlieKlein

Aquarium Advice Addict
I feel so bad.. So today I bought 4 Cory cats and had them floating in the bag in the tank. I did the acclimation when you full it up every five min. With tank water. Then when full dump out half and do it again. Then after 40 min I started betting them out and in the tank. On the second to last one I netted it in the tank and accidentally took a zebra danio into the net and put in into the bag. I didn't notice and went on to getting the last one. Then I took the bag out and dumped it in the tub. I saw a zebra danio and tried to grab it. I got 2 fingers but it was in the water and went down the drain. I feel so bad!!!

Oh no! I'm so,so sorry that happened. I think everyone s had something like that happen, i did last month. Was just sick about it . Don't be too hard on your self, just move forward & learn from it.
Focus on your new Cory s, they ll cheer you up. :)

I feel so bad.. So today I bought 4 Cory cats and had them floating in the bag in the tank. I did the acclimation when you full it up every five min. With tank water. Then when full dump out half and do it again. Then after 40 min I started betting them out and in the tank. On the second to last one I netted it in the tank and accidentally took a zebra danio into the net and put in into the bag. I didn't notice and went on to getting the last one. Then I took the bag out and dumped it in the tub. I saw a zebra danio and tried to grab it. I got 2 fingers but it was in the water and went down the drain. I feel so bad!!!

Ahhh... So sorry. Yes, we all have our own stories. I was messing around the tank once and freaked out a swordtail so bad it jammed itself into a small shell (I know better about shells now, on several levels) and just tore itself apart. Worst part, I didn't know where it went. We found it several days later, dead of course, not knowing how long it had been in pain jammed in the darn thing. Just felt sick about it.
We do our best to be good keepers. Things happen even when we have the best intent and are doing right for our fish friends. Yes, go and enjoy your aquarium and don't beat yourself up about it.

Aww! I've done something like that before as well.

I was doing a w/c on one of my prized betta fries jar's and accidently dumped him out of the cup and into the sink. I couldn't grab him before he went down the drain. I felt like a horrible person that day, but then I found out that its a fairly common occurance. I think most people have done something similar atleast once in their fishkeeping days, so don't beat down on yourself too much. It happens, sadly.

Back
Top Bottom