SAE's good or bad?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rivercats

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have considered getting an SAE for quite some time but have read such mixed reviews on them... some sing thier praises and other tell how horrible a bully and plant eater they are. I am only concerned what I have read about them eating fine leaved plants. I have Ambulia, Limnophila hippuroides, rotala, and water sprite I'm worried about. I've heard they eat dwarf baby's tears also ( hate to say this but my angels like to graze on new growth off and on). Opinions anyone?

Rivercats said:
I have considered getting an SAE for quite some time but have read such mixed reviews on them... some sing thier praises and other tell how horrible a bully and plant eater they are. I am only concerned what I have read about them eating fine leaved plants. I have Ambulia, Limnophila hippuroides, rotala, and water sprite I'm worried about. I've heard they eat dwarf baby's tears also ( hate to say this but my angels like to graze on new growth off and on). Opinions anyone?

What size tank and what are the tank mates?

I am new and didn't think this post went through... it is supposed to be and is under discussion in planted tank forum where it was suppose to be. Can a moderator please remove this. Sorry for any confusion I've caused.

Back
Top Bottom