saimese algae eaters keep dying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smokey11

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have tried introduce six SAE to my aquarium and each time they died within 48 hours.

First time I tried adding one. Then I tried to add three at the same time. Most recently I tried adding two.

In my tank I also have rcs, neon tetras, sulawesi shrimps n also a pea puffer (contained). So im pretty sure its not an issue of watee quality otherwise the shrimps n puffee will die first

Temperature ive tried 24-27C. Well within their habitat range.

So it leaves me thinking if the algae is poisoning the fish since that's the only thing other fishes dont eat.

I also tried adding amano shrimps and they died pretty quick too.

Any advice would be great

I have pleco's not Chinese algea eaters, but maybe do a little research. Im sure they eat other things besides algea. Maybe there isn't enough algea in the tank? He might light algea wafers and vegetables too.

Are u sure they ate Siamese not Chinese? Chinese are not only scared easily like to the point of heart attack but they are also extremely sensitive to ANYTHING in the water. If u have any parameter even a bit high they will die ling before you see any of your other fish even acting weird. I heard Otto's are really sensitive too

Back
Top Bottom