Salt and pepper Cory odd behaviour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chronos313

Aquarium Advice Addict
Today my Cory was swimming near the top on it's back and being really weird. I tested ammonia and nitrite and all is fine. I lost 2 apple snails overnight yet they were fine yesterday. I'm goof to do a pwc right away and test again in the evening an morning. Any ideas why a Cory would swim upside down?

It could be a swim bladder issue. I had a cory that had problems like this. Unfortunately I couldn't save it. I don't remember what I did to try to help it. I would do some research on swim bladder disorders.

Well now that I'm home he's swimming on the bottom and being himself but it was really weird that he did that. All my other fish are fine along with the 26 apple snail babies I have

Just did a pwc. So much fun, monitoring them now, hope that's all that was needed, I hate how it stirs up gunk when refilling. Any methods on how not to stir up debris?

Nope, sorry. I currently have that problem too. Reading back over my last post, it sounds silly. ALL sick fish are high maintenance. lol

Put a deep glass bowl or glass pitcher in the tank and run the water into it. It will flow out of the bowl slower creating less turbidity. You have to use something heavy or it will keep tipping over.

Back
Top Bottom