Sand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redsea

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have gravel right now in my 20g, but I want to switch to sand. Will it be ok if I just remove the gravel and put in the sand? Or will that cause a mini-cycle? Do I just use sand from Home Depot?

nopp you should be okay... just make sure you rinse the sand REALLY well so it doesn't cloud the water too much. Almost all the beneficial bacteria are in the filter, so changing substrate, ornaments won't change a thing. You can get sand from home depot, i know a lot of people who buy Pool Filter Sand (PFS) from Home Depot and use that in their aquariums. good luck!

patola_l said:
nopp you should be okay... just make sure you rinse the sand REALLY well so it doesn't cloud the water too much. Almost all the beneficial bacteria are in the filter, so changing substrate, ornaments won't change a thing. You can get sand from home depot, i know a lot of people who buy Pool Filter Sand (PFS) from Home Depot and use that in their aquariums. good luck!

Thank you for a quick and helpful reponse!

Back
Top Bottom