Sand for aquariums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have done tanks with pool filter sand and play sand. Pool filter sand is a millions times easier.

Only sand I've ever used if pool filter sand. I love it. I was thinking about getting blasting sand for my next tank set up but wasn't sure if I want to deal with getting it clean, lol.

My 20 Gallon tank i have has Quikrete medium sand it's a light brown. And my 56 gallon tank has Black diamond sand. I'm leaning more to the black in which I'm going to convert my 3 gallon tank from gravel to black diamond sand. Also both was easy to rinse out. And never clouded my tanks

Sent from my phone cuz im too lazy to get on my laptop

Play sand gets packed down where pool filter sand is loose... In my experience anyways

Everyone keeps talking about pool filter sand but no one in my area sells it. I have been to Leslie's pool supply, walmart, Lowe's, and orchard supply. Everyone has the same stupid look when I ask if they have pool filter sand. Is this stuff available in CA? :-/

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You don't by any chance have a picture do you. Maybe of the bag or brand name and how it looks in your tank? Also what town are you in?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You have to get the 30-40 grit Black Diamond Blasting Grit. I went to Tractor Supply and they had the fine stuff and the larger grit.

Please stay on topic and do not ask questions outside the scope of this thread. Off topic posts have been deleted.

Back
Top Bottom