Sand/gravel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

omni024

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm looking for a black substrate that has 1mm-2mm grains so larger that your typical sand but smaller than your typical gravel. Does anyone know of any good brands that sell something of that size and in a blackish color?

I'm looking for a black substrate that has 1mm-2mm grains so larger that your typical sand but smaller than your typical gravel. Does anyone know of any good brands that sell something of that size and in a blackish color?
National geographic has black coarse sand. I have it, got it at petsmart

Ditto what Tyles said. Got at petsmart. Will take a pic of it in my 10 gallon to give you idea. It's the National Geographic black sand. But bigger than your typical sand and smaller than gravel.

Just added diy root tabs and my plants thrive in the stuff. I feel is the happy medium between too large gravel and too small messy sand. Does not get in filter at all and easy to plant in.

Also this is not a planted tank should have mentioned that lol it's going to house cichlids

Estes Stoney River sand....absolute best sand on the market! Its a heavier sand and absolutely no rinsing!

Back
Top Bottom