sand in my tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

misfitchild24

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I recently purchased playsand for my 55 gallon and did not wash it, now my tank is so nasty and cloudy looking that i can't really see my fish, unless they are right up against the wall. I did a 50% water change last night, but it still didn't help. Should I do another water change or if not how long will it take to settle down, my little crab tank which is a maybe 5 gallon is settling quite well. Need Help any advice would be great.

Welcome to AA!

Play sand is usually pretty dusty as you've unfortunately found out. More PWCs will help.

What filter are you using and what media are you running in your filter? A fine filter sponge or filter floss will help remove the dust.

sand in tank

I have 2 dual filter systems that hang on the back of the tank, and I also have a sponge filter. I have no clue what PWC means.I am cleaning the filters out every hour, to make sure that my systems do not clog up

PWC = partial water change.

Is dual the filter brand?

It's very unlikely that a HOB will clog up from sand dust. Let it run for a while. You may actually be exacerbating the problem by stirring up the filter media so often.

sand in tank

yeah it is the dual filter brands. i did do a partial change last night but it seemed to have stirred it up more

Back
Top Bottom