Sand "pot holes"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rockyofhockey

Aquarium Advice Addict
I got a aqueon 55 gallon filter to go with my 30 gallon filter for my 40 gallon tank!!! Well this is what happened to the sand!!!!ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394585162.920086.jpg it just makes a monster pot hole!!! What do I do or how do I stop this

Can someone plz help it really annoys me looking at a huge ditch in my gravel

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the same problem, sadly the filter was to much and pressure from the water flow just made a hole.

You've got so much water movement it's kicking up your sand up.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Well not from my 30 gallon filter... It's comming from the new 50 I added. So any suggestions in how to stop it

Put a sponge over the output of the new filter or something to break up the flow of water so it's not going straight down into the sand.

Don't remove a filter! You're set up nice now for that tank! Like energizer said you can remove that blue grid at the out flow and add a coarse sponge or bag of bio media, or google bottle baffle!

Don't remove a filter! You're set up nice now for that tank! Like energizer said you can remove that blue grid at the out flow and add a coarse sponge or bag of bio media, or google bottle baffle!

Wait I'm confused so I should take out the Blue grid there then I have to put a coarse sponge? What's coarse sponge

No, you shouldn't take anything out of the filter. You need as baffle on the stream of water coming out of your filter to prevent it from kicking up sand. Google search bottle baffle

Ok so I will cut the top off of my seltzer bottle but how do I attach it

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394652331.275280.jpghow would I attach it

Last edited by a moderator:
Use a gooseneck outlet and direct the flow across the surface rather than at the sand. (Should be able to get one to push fit your outlet pipe)

Well I did what I had too!!!ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394653649.043072.jpg what do u guys think!!! It looks extremely ghetto :]!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom