Sand substrate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jhawk__

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just bought a catfish today and he keeps knocking little pieces of my sand substrate to the top of the tank. It's driving me crazy!! Is there any way to keep it down so that it doesn't float up?!

I was thinking about maybe buying some fake colorful rocks and putting it on top of the sand. Would that help any?! PLEASE HELP!

Try putting decorations to cover the sand, but leave some space for him to swim. There is nothing much to do unless wait until he gets bored of it.

Try putting decorations to cover the sand, but leave some space for him to swim. There is nothing much to do unless wait until he gets bored of it.

Alright, I'll try to get a plastic plant or two and maybe some plastic rocks to put over top of it. Ill let you know how it goes :)

Alright, I'll try to get a plastic plant or two and maybe some plastic rocks to put over top of it. Ill let you know how it goes :)
I wish you luck. Unless you try to teach it to stop, witch is quite hard, it'll have to learn on its own.

Yeah, I just wish the sand didn't float up when he kicks around in it. Ill just siphon it our from the top tomorrow though, no biggie it's just driving me crazy that the top of my tank has blue sand floating everywhere .

Back
Top Bottom