Sand substrate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lol I hate the waiting game...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ooo! The tank looks lovely! I like the cave thing on the left. Did you go with playsand? What are your other plans for the tank scape?

So far as too cleaning the sand, google "how to clean sand substrate", there are some great you tube video's on the subject. I will be changing to sand from gravel.

Yes I went with the playsand.. It took ages to clean first.. That cave is for my adf.. Hopefully they will love it. Planning on having a few more plants in there

Here's my tank now with my adf and corries.. Love it ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1399478301.884090.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1399478330.776621.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1399478355.709208.jpgmy adf are out so much more now

Where'd you pick up those nest/hive looking things?

Sent from my SM-T310 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

May I ask what brand hose are? I'm not finding that type, only the ones with large openings on multiple sides.

I've got black sand and picked up one of those siphon tubes that has a gate before the hose part that blocks large pieces getting sucked in. I put a small ball of pantyhose in it to keep the sand from getting siphoned. Stop the water flow, let the sand back out near the bottom, and wring the ball out in clean water after.

Tank looks great. Sand is a pain to wash/clean but is definitely worth it. Can you copy/paste the address for these. I would love to get some for my future cichlid tank......

I can't see the address on my phone but on the pic below is the item number and you can find it by typing this into eBay ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1399660535.851769.jpg

Back
Top Bottom