saw this fish at the petshop

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deepwater

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
They were calling it a dragon fish. Kinda looks like a eel with a ugly head. I thought he was pretty neat. It was in a tank with peacock eels. No one seemed to know anything about this fish. So anyone out there know how big he gets? What it eats? what kind of water he needs? Temperment? Is this a real species or just a twist of nature?

Thanks

[center:917e8c5016] :smilecolros: Welcome to AA, deepwater! :n00b: [/center:917e8c5016]

I saw some once and made the mistake of buying it and putting it in with African cichlids. I thought it would hide at the bottom of the tank, but it did not. That was a few years ago, before I realized you need to research before you purchase!

dragon fish

Possibly but this fella seemed to have more spike type projections on the back of his gills and down towards his gills.

After seeing a better picture this guy probably was a violet goby. Looking at the information on him I don't think he's on my to buy list. Everybody thanks for your help.

Back
Top Bottom