Saying hello! I'm new to the forum.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skeptiknau

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all!

I just wanted to introduce myself to the forum. My daughter (5 yo) and I, just entered the hobby of fish keeping! We have a 10 gallon tank with 9 "Glofish" skirt tetras and want to keep them as healthy as possible! I'm pretty familiar with freshwater tanks (no live plants though, ever), so of course the tank has been properly cycled. Otherwise, I'm pretty much a newbie.

We also have a Common Plecostomus in the tank, which I now know puts this tank beyond capacity. I am trying to find it a new home where he can be happy and grow to his liking.

Anyway, I may post soon about an issue (maybe?) that I am having with nitrate levels to ensure I am taking care of the issue properly. All other levels seem to be doing just fine. More on that later though - I just wanted to say hi! At a later date, I hope to possibly upgrade myself to a larger tank and explore live plants and diversify my fish holdings. I forgot how much I enjoyed taking care of these little guys.

I have included a pic of our lil guys. My blacklight went out, so the reg will have to do for now :) Please let me know of any hints or best practices posting in this forum, I don't want to be a pest!

THANKS ALL!!!

Attachments

• 20160805_235202.jpg
    20160805_235202.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 50
Hi, welcome to the forum :)

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon boraras , red longfin bristlenose, bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.

Back
Top Bottom