scared and jumpy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tmdavies

Aquarium Advice FINatic
my goldfish for the last 2 weeks have constantly been scared and jumpy, they hide from me, when i shut the lid they jump. they use to be so friendly my water parametres are all good they look healthy apart from they are a paler than they use to be two had black marks now they dont have any black what so ever
this a problem?

It sounds like they are stressed. I believe color loss and erratic behavior are usually signs although I could be wrong.

What size tank? What are the water parameters and what test kit are you using?

240 litres 63 us gallons 3 small common goldfish and 1 butterfly plec. water parameters are all good and im have 2 different test kits api master test kit and a sea master test kit

Hmmm. Anything new to the tank? How long has it been up and running? Is the tank located in a busy area (kids or pets being active in front of it)? Are the fish getting along? Chasing each other, etc?

the tank has been up for a month but they have been living together for 3 months. the tank is in my bedroom and im never hardly home because of work so the are on there own most of the day. they get along really well.
i have 2 common and a shubunkin the commons arent as bad as the shubunkin.
The shubunkin is acting very strange hides from me just lies on the sand some times doing nothing acting very lethargic

I don't know a whole lot about Goldfish or disease. It does sound like they are stressed. How often and when did you do the last water change? I might do a good 50% water change and then try leaving the lights off for a while. Try and make them as comfortable as possible.

Back
Top Bottom