Scared Bloodfin Tetras?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mitchfish

Aquarium Advice Activist
My 26 gallon tank has been up and running for a year now and i really like it. I have 6 gold pristella tetra and they are so fun to watch because they are always at the front of the tank wanting food. However, my bloodfin tetras are really freaked out by anything going by the tank. The all school in the corner where nobody can see them. They just seem super scared all the time and only really come out if there is food. They also just separate and chase eachother and fight when nobody is around. I have had them for 3 months now and they still act so weird. Does anybody know why?

Thanks in advance.

How many of them do you have? The bigger the school, the better since they feel security in numbers. Are the Pristellas possibly chasing/scaring the Bloodfins away or maybe some other fish is?

Yeah i started with four, then got six, now i have eight. I think that is a good number for a smaller tank like mine. Every time I got more they seemed just as skiddish. And the pristella tetras have never once gone after them so i am really confused about why they act so weird.

I have a small school of 6 in my 40 breeder and if you walk up to the tank they tend to hide but if I am playing MW3 on the couch I can watch them play during intermission. They are quite active when I am not right in front of the tank.

@Rhino

Mine seem like that. I guess thats how its gonna be unless they slowly change and become more comfortable. I could shoot a gun and my gold pristella tetras probably won't be scared lol

Back
Top Bottom