scavenger catfish question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dax29

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Is there a small (less than 4 inches), peaceful, catfish (other than a corydoras or otocinclus b/c I have experience with those) that is a solitary bottom dweller? I think this is the only type of fish I haven't really explored much at all. I'm just curious b/c I have not found many that catch my eye. I don't really have room for one unless I get another tank (which may happen if my daughter gets what she wants).

Has anyone owned or have information on this fish?

Flagtail Porthole cat (Dianema urostriata)

I can only think of the Albino Bristlenose. It will remain somewhere in the 2" area and are just as active as any other pleco. Be aware that due to massive "in-breeding", a weaker strain is out there on the market. This weaker strain is known to have a quick die-off.

Yes! They are supposed to be nice little catfish so far as I have read. I saw a pic of one more colorful somewhere but I can't find it again.

Dianema are more of a midwater cat rather than a bottom-dweller, and do best in schools. You may wish to consider a small school of smaller Corydoras cats, or perhaps a SA bumblebee cat.

What does the SA stand for in SA bumblebee cat? Don't bumblebee cats hide a lot?

Back
Top Bottom