school size?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SaraB

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a 20 gallon aquarium and just stated adding fish. Since neither store I went to had the harlequin rasboras originally wanted I went with some cute pristella tetras (x-ray fish). I just started with 3 to make sure I don't overload my tank and accidentally kill the fish.
I'm planning on getting more next week. How many can I have in a school if I eventually want to add another type of tetra or a type of corydora with them?

-Thanks in advance

The Ph is between 6.5-7 but I don't have the other exact numbers. It's got a lot of plants as well. Should I just stick with the one species or could I do something like 6 pristella and 6 black neons?

I think a school of 6 pristella and another school of 6 schooling fish would be ok. Personally I'd keep a mid to top level school and a bottom school like Cory cats. But either way would be ok to do and not overstocked.

I tried two mid level schools in a 20, and it just looks like a disjointed mess. Colombian and glowlight tetras. I'd go with the pristellas and the cories. And if you only have the pristellas in the mid level, you could do more of them. Bigger schools always look better

I'm up to 7 pristellas. I might take my assassin out of that tank and go with shrimp instead of corys. I'm just adding fish slowly and keeping my options open for now.

Back
Top Bottom