Schools

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nshepler

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I don't know if I'm the only one but I love a huge school of fish. There's something about it that just amazes me. So here's mine. It's not as big as id like. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403461558.772946.jpg

I like that setup ^

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403540927.076865.jpg it's a mini school lol and I love the rummy noses ^.^!once I get a biger tank I'm going to get a big school of those.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

What are those? ^ they are beautiful

Those are Denison's barbs. They are my favorite and I currently have three of them but hoping to get more soon!

I don't have a picture but the greatest thing I've seen is a school of cardinal tetras.

I like the big, single species schools as well.
Once my life is less chaotic I plan on setting up my 45gallon again with around 40 Ember Tetras.

That's a big school! I'm about to get some cardinals to go w/ my rummies!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403739764.954765.jpg this is my new school of zebra danios

Your not the only one who loves a huge school of fish. I'm the same way as I really want to add a large school of zebra danios to my 75 gallon. Tell me how your school of danios is coming along. Are they staying together?

Oh yea they stay together, I wouldn't mix them with giant danios though. Because my giant danios want to school to I guess but they just mess it up.

I have 11 danios and they hang out in groups of three or four unless it's feeding time or we are working on the tank then they will school up.

I've noticed my two gbrs hanging out with my five angels... Thought that was a weird conbo. They are all young so maybe that's why

Technically speaking all of these are shoals, not schools.

To be a school, they have to move in the same direction at the same speed and synchronise their actions - turning all at the same time, for instance.

(y)

My neons and my danios will school together and it looks odd with the black and vibrate colors.

Back
Top Bottom