Scottyhorse's 25 Gallon Community Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, but they should be in at least 3 per species. He could schoal with the others but to be the happiest and all 3 per species. That being said, I don't think you have room for 6 Cory's And a gbr and pleco

I never said that I would add 6 cory cats.

But if other people think it's a bad idea I will not get one.

Yes, but I still wouldn't do it.... That's why I was wondering if I could add a spotted cory cat or two or if they wouldn't get a long.

While cory's like to schoal with their own species single individals of different species will be fine and join in. I keep 5 different species alone in my 220g and they are almost always in mixed groups and I added a lone single odd species that is ancient and his breathen are long gone and he does just fine toddling around with other different species.

Why...? I have seen lots of people having mixed species or cories in an aquarium.

Yeah, you can add one of a different type.....

Yes, but they should be in at least 3 per species. He could schoal with the others but to be the happiest and all 3 per species. That being said, I don't think you have room for 6 Cory's And a gbr and pleco

Not really, cories are shoalers, not schoolers, so you can freely mix species at any ratio you really want.

So happy you got fish! I always seem to go the store when they never have the fish I want :hide: The fatter cory is most likely the female. Corys sound hard to catch! :lol: however, I really challenged the lfs guy when I wanted to buy some kuhli loaches :lol: those things can zip around the tank INCREDIBLY fast, it took him 15 minutes to catch them, and he was using two nets.

Squeeze your co2 bottles, and see what kind of pressure you're getting. If there is tons of pressure, you probably either have a clog in your tubing, or the diffuser requires more pressure than your system can create. If there's not much pressure, there is most likely a problem with your mixture.

That's great, because I would really like to add a spotted cory, then when I have a couple more shrimp and a nerite snail, my tank will hopefully be very clean! Hopefully. Haha. Is it normal for the cory cats to be so hyper when they are new in the tank? They keep swimming into the walls, but I suppose they are just scared...

What fish should I add next? I'll hopefully go in next week and buy 3-4 more fish, but I want to know what to get so I can call ahead and see if they have it or have to order it.

Rivercats.... You are now subscribed to the thread! Mwahaha! No you will be getting lots of e-mail updates :)

Bud:

That's exactly what I thought so I was wondering why he said that...

Not being mean or anything Charlie ;)

Squeezed them and it was easy. They did whistle though? I think the liquid carbon might be the way to go.... Haha.

If you go liquid carbon I suggest getting Glutaraldehyde as it is so much cheaper than Excel or API CO2 Booster. This is the product I get but is out of stock but if you dig around enough you can find it cheap or get the quart size. You add RO water, would depend on which size you get as to how much RO and you get double plus what you pay for. Glutaraldehyde Cold Sterilization Solution 14 day 1 Gallon: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific ... Metricide 14 day solution is the product name.

That's what I am guessing.

Anyways.... Pictures!!! :D

14np5yb.jpg

2vlliso.jpg

2i8u2id.jpg

347i5fs.jpg

That's all for now but I have some more pics of the cory cats, shrimp and tank I can post when I get home. The tank looks pretty crappy right now so I would love some tips to make it look better; but I hope this tides you over till later :)

If you go liquid carbon I suggest getting Glutaraldehyde as it is so much cheaper than Excel or API CO2 Booster. This is the product I get but is out of stock but if you dig around enough you can find it cheap or get the quart size. You add RO water, would depend on which size you get as to how much RO and you get double plus what you pay for. Glutaraldehyde Cold Sterilization Solution 14 day 1 Gallon: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific ... Metricide 14 day solution is the product name.

Thanks so much I'll check those out later :)

Yes aren't they cute! :)

In the morning I am going to call the fish guy at petco about ordering me some fish. What do you think I should get? I'm also going ask him to save me a nice fat spotted cory cat for me :)

Do you know what spotted Cory it is? Julli panda, bandit, etc.? In looking for them and my sure hat is the best. Also, I'd have him order the hatchets

Back
Top Bottom