Scottyhorse's 25 Gallon Community Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I believe the voice>text on the app is only for phones which do it for other things as well, if you can't do voice>text on other things, you probably can't do it on the app.

For iPhones I think it is only with models 4s and 5, some iPads; not sure about iTouch. It has Siri and I can ask it questions (appropriate and inappropriate lol), directions, read mail/text, etc. As for apps go it is a big battery drainer.

I looked up the gold tetras, not gold neon, and they get 1.5 inches or so, so they are interchangeable with the gold neons. IMO the gold neons are cooler, and hardier.

Lol some misunderstanding, I ment that she should at the neons FIRST before the hatchets because they are hardier!! So I think a good stock
4 Cory's
10 neon tetra gold
6 marbled hatchetfish
2 German blue rams
Sounds pretty good to me! Mabye even a honey gourami!

Lol some misunderstanding, I ment that she should at the neons FIRST before the hatchets because they are hardier!! So I think a good stock
4 Cory's
10 neon tetra gold
6 marbled hatchetfish
2 German blue rams

Just a general question about introducing this stock (or whatever it finally becomes), would it take place in stages over a span of days/weeks (tetras first, test water, PWC, hatchets next, etc) or add all of them followed by monitoring and PWCs as needed?

4 Cory's
10 neon tetra gold
6 marbled hatchetfish
2 German blue rams

Oh OK........ :lol:

A honey gourami WOULD be cool.

Just a general question about introducing this stock (or whatever it finally becomes), would it take place in stages over a span of days/weeks (tetras first, test water, PWC, hatchets next, etc) or add all of them followed by monitoring and PWCs as needed?

I believe her plan is the gold tetras next. Wait till al is good then hatchets. Then the rams later. I would reccommend a honey gourami or 2 in your tank as well Scotty horse! Thy would stan out ring the only orange!

Thy would stan out ring the only orange!

It is comforting to know I am not the only one who makes spelling gaffes late at night :lol: you quoted me on one of my spelling errors too, in a different thread just a few minutes ago :lol:

The honey gourami MAY not be able to work, we'll have to see what other people say. So far the tank seems pretty well stocked, I'm not completely sure whether or not we would have room for the gourami. But if there IS in fact room, I would go for it, sydney (y)

It is comforting to know I am not the only one who makes spelling gaffes late at night :lol: you quoted me on one of my errors in a different thread just a few minutes ago :lol:

The honey gourami MAY not be able to work, we'll have to see what other people say. So far the tank seems pretty well stocked, I'm not completely sure whether or not we would have room for the gourami. But if there IS in fact room, I would go for it, sydney (y)

Lol but actually. How does it come out like that!?? And the honey would be great but well so if its pushing it or not!

I think stick to the stocking plan. Add the neons first, but Id only do 5 at a time. Once all the fish are added see how things go. There may or may not be room for another fish.

No idea about the rest of the stock except for Gold tetras. They are about the same size a zebra danios. Very hardy fish. I had 4 that spent the summer in a small garden pond and if not for their shininess I would have never seen them in the murky water. Fished them out in October when the temps got into the 50s. I have 6 now and when they were by themselves they were antisocial. Each staked out its own territory and stayed there. Added 6 long fin blue danios as dither fish to liven up the tank. It worked. No more hiding and lots of mingling. The males do this "dance" where they swim (more like flutter) in parallel and one of them charges the other.

I like them (had them about 3-4 years) but would like some color (rummy nose or neons/cardinals).

This thread is up 27 pages!

So with other fish they would be OK in a community tank? Do you have any pics of yours I could see?

Hey guys, y'all are getting off topic here and I'd hate for them to close down this thread.

As far as the size of gold neon tetras, I have 2 and they are the same size as regular neon tetras.

Oh really how do you like them? Do you have any pics?

I looked up the gold tetras, not gold neon, and they get 1.5 inches or so, so they are interchangeable with the gold neons. IMO the gold neons are cooler, and hardier.

They are both really neat looking fish! Not something you see super often.

oooooooh I see, I thought that the hatchets were already set in the plan, and we were just deciding on tetras.

Yeah I am going to do hatchet fish, but I need to decide what kind of tetra!

4 Cory's
10 neon tetra gold
6 marbled hatchetfish
2 German blue rams

Yeah haha misunderstanding. Could I possibly do 5 cory cats, or would that be two much?

A honey gourami would be cool but I don't want to over stock or 100% stock either.

I'm thinking once a week, but it is going to be a pain in the you know what to test know, because I have no more tubes :( Stupid leaky caps make me drop them!

It is comforting to know I am not the only one who makes spelling gaffes late at night :lol: you quoted me on one of my spelling errors too, in a different thread just a few minutes ago :lol:

Haha, well it's hard on an iPod, I give him that. You've gotta use voice to text! :)

Yeah, I agree, a honey gourami would be cool!

Lol but actually. How does it come out like that!?? And the honey would be great but well so if its pushing it or not!

Auto Correct and miss typing with your fingers?

I think stick to the stocking plan. Add the neons first, but Id only do 5 at a time. Once all the fish are added see how things go. There may or may not be room for another fish.

Yeah I think 5 would be a good start.
We'll have to see what the tank looks like and how it handles the bio load, too.

Yeah haha misunderstanding. Could I possibly do 5 cory cats, or would that be two much?

I think 5 would be perfectly fine.

I'm thinking once a week, but it is going to be a pain in the you know what to test know, because I have no more tubes :( Stupid leaky caps make me drop them!

Those test vials are soooo easy to break. I got a replacement set from petmountain.com, if I break all of them I am the world's #1 klutz :lol: This is exactly what I got: hooray for replacements

I think 5 would be perfectly fine.

Those test vials are soooo easy to break. I got a replacement set from petmountain.com, if I break all of them I am the world's #1 klutz :lol: This is exactly what I got: hooray for replacements

Yay! I don't see why they didn't make them out of plastic or acrylic?!

That fish is really weird looking though :blink:

Apparently the ' "I" before "E" except after "C" ' rule is not correct.... Look at weird. I guess it is I before E except after C AND W. Haha.

Yay! I don't see why they didn't make them out of plastic or acrylic?!

That fish is really weird looking though :blink:

Apparently the ' "I" before "E" except after "C" ' rule is not correct.... Look at weird. I guess it is I before E except after C AND W. Haha.

:lol: there always seem to be exceptions.......

Back
Top Bottom