Seachem clarity

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Son1cbo0m

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, in my tank i see lots of particles, regardless of how clean my filter and tank is, its a dicus tank so i keep the water pristine, so i was considering gettng seachem clarity to clear up the particles, but one question, it says only for mechanical filtration, im guessin thats just a filter? i use a external tetratec 12000 without carbon, so is that mechanical? and something about filtration floss.. do i need this, or will the product still work?

Only two words .... 100% Polyester Fill. Guarantee that'll eliminate your floating particle issues. I stuff a bunch of it in the bottom most tray of my fluval 404. The next morning after I tried it ... my water was polished like glass. After one week, I was shocked at the debris it collected. Now I change it every two weeks ... still collects micro debris.

You can find poly-fill in any arts / crafts stores for ... I bought my 20oz bag at michaels arts/craft for around $7 back in mid April ... I still have over 80% still left.

As long as you have something to catch the particles like filter floss or a sponge then it will work. Clarity is just a flocculant, it binds together the small particles in the water and makes them larger so that they get trapped in the filter media. It's the same basic stuff that is in the 'bio magnet clarifier' packet in ecocomplete.

Where do I place the floss? With filter sponges obviously? But on top, inbetween the 2 sponges? on the bottom?

on TOP of the sponge!

you want the coarser material (sponge) on the bottom so it collects and filters the big particles and doesn't get blocked.
The finer material (filter floss) will catch the smaller debris.

Back
Top Bottom