Seachem Flourish with Shrimp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GodFan

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi. My plants have a potassium defitiency. I need to add ferts. I cant find dry ferts so I was gonna do seachem flourish. There are 2 problems though. It doesnt list potassium so would it work? Also it says it has 0.0001% copper in it. Will it kill my shrimp?
Thanks and God bless!

GodFan said:
Hi. My plants have a potassium defitiency. I need to add ferts. I cant find dry ferts so I was gonna do seachem flourish. There are 2 problems though. It doesnt list potassium so would it work? Also it says it has 0.0001% copper in it. Will it kill my shrimp?
Thanks and God bless!

Seachem has a flourish that's just potassium. Can't say about the shrimp, but my snails are fine with it. I dose flourish, flourish excel and flourish potassium.

It would be a very small amount of copper, and harmless to shrimp. Plain Flourish is micro nutrients, they sell the macros in separate bottles. Look for Flourish Potassium.

--Adeeb

Ok. I was thinking about the Comprehensive. It says it has soluble potash which I just found out is potassium lol

GodFan said:
Ok. I was thinking about the Comprehensive. It says it has soluble potash which I just found out is potassium lol

Yea, it may be enough to treat your deficiency. I was dosing the comprehensive and excel but my sword and watersprite didn't perk up until I added the potassium one to the regime.

I would either get flourish potassium or order some dry potassium. Since it appears the only deficiency you have is potassium, adding comprehensive may cause some algae issues.

Well I got the comprehensive because I wasnt sure if I lacked anything else. If I still have problems in a couple of weeks then I will get the potassium.

Back
Top Bottom