Seachem prime

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

knutsen1122

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I bought a bottle of prime this last Saturday and when I opened it, it didn't have it's normal sulfur smell. Has anyone ever had this? Has it gone bad? Should I use it?

So I bought a bottle of prime this last Saturday and when I opened it, it didn't have it's normal sulfur smell. Has anyone ever had this? Has it gone bad? Should I use it?

It's funny, the same happened to me with the last bottle I purchased, but what I've noticed is that after a week or so the sulfur smell got stronger, also shaking the bottle brings out the smell.

Seachem's Prime

Hello knut...

I'd return it, just for the sake of safety and get a replacment bottle. Actually, Seachem's "Safe" is a better product and a better price.

B

I'll try shaking it up some more! And B I'll have to check out that safe. Fortunately my water is very good and I probably don't even need it. I've done water changes without and had no issues so I should be good regardless. I just don't want to poison my fish if it is bad. Thanks for the help!

Mine usually don't smell very sulfury until I give them a good shaking.

Back
Top Bottom