Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-13-2005, 09:01 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via MSN to ringfinger
Sealing An Aquarium

I am up visiting the family for spring break, and it turns out that they have a 46 gallon aquarium that is getting no use. It has been used for reptiles in the past because it supposedly leaked water, but my 15 year old brother recently re-sealed it so he could fill it about 1/4 full for some frogs. He said that he cut out all the old silicone, and the job he did looks pretty clean. So I filled it full of water about 6 hours ago, and no leaks have shown up. My question is...how long do I need to leave it full of water in the garage while being observed before I can feel safe about having it full of water inside the house? And out of curiosity, is it that easy to screw up a sealing job, or are chances good that my brother's job was adequate?

Old 03-13-2005, 09:39 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Well did he take off the old silicone? If he didn't then chances are it isn't going to work correctly, you have to scrape it all off then apply new silicone to it.

https://fishyaddictsrus.proboards21.c...539643&start=0
ctfish guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 04:26 AM   #3
zao
Aquarium Advice Activist

I would be double safe and let it site the the grague for about three to four days and observe it really carefully to make sure it is not leaking out anywhere. After that I would think it will be pretty safe to move inside. imo

zao is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
seal

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com