Searching for a fish pic/ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Skyrmir

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I was down at Big Al's yesterday and they had some Cory's labeled as Leopard Cories. After getting home I went to look up info on them for a friend and I keep getting pictures of Corydoras Julii instead of Corydoras leopardus. And even the ones they are saying are leopardus don't have NEARLY the size spots of the ones in the store. The ones at big al's had maybe dozens of spots, not hundreds like the ones I keep seeing in pictures.

Do you have a picture of yours so we can see exactly what you mean?

Fraid not, I didn't even think of it at the time. I was hunting for Panda Cory's myself and picked up 6 of them. I just noticed the Leopard ones while I was there and later remembered a friend that was setting up a tank and has a thing for all things leopard.

tbh there are hundreds of cory species and so many of them are similar its very tricky to indentify without a very clear pic.

You might try browsing http://www.corycats.com where there are a lot of photos to compare with.

Those are pretty close too. I'm going to head back there tonight for some other stuff and I'll bring along a camera. I rarely get decent shots out of it. But at least these guys hold still once in a while so hopefully I can get a clear shot.

Back
Top Bottom