Seeding Material..?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi again,

In my 30G tank, there is already a bubble wand. I was wondering, i have a spare air pump and stone, should I stick that in my 30G tank is well? Will it help the cycle(faster) or is there no need, as bubble wand in there already?

Many thanks,

Hi again,

In my 30G tank, there is already a bubble wand. I was wondering, i have a spare air pump and stone, should I stick that in my 30G tank is well? Will it help the cycle(faster) or is there no need, as bubble wand in there already?

Many thanks,

I don't think it's necessary, but I also don't think it would hurt.

I can't remember, do you have plants? IME having plants does 2 things for a cycling tank, it'll help bring in bacteria (so don't rinse) and it gives you something to do during the long process of cycling :D.

Mr. Limpet said:
I don't think it's necessary, but I also don't think it would hurt.

I can't remember, do you have plants? IME having plants does 2 things for a cycling tank, it'll help bring in bacteria (so don't rinse) and it gives you something to do during the long process of cycling :D.

Wow, Mr. Limpet and I are creating a pattern of agreeing :) +1 on the air stone and on the plants. Also, do you have your heater cranked up? (This is one thing I don't know if it affects plants). It might also be a good idea to check your pH for me.

I haven't got any live plants, and haven't thought of adding any. Don't feel like in capable right now.

Yeah, the temp is up to mid 80's. I used the PH (api liquid test) and remember it was near 7.5. Is that right?

Thanks both.

Kawaipoon said:
I haven't got any live plants, and haven't thought of adding any. Don't feel like in capable right now.

Yeah, the temp is up to mid 80's. I used the PH (api liquid test) and remember it was near 7.5. Is that right?

Thanks both.

Yep, sounds good. I've just had a couple people who had pH crashes (they forgot to do the pwc in the guide), you're not at that point yet anyway, figured I'd check to be safe :).

I'd personally transplant maybe 30-35% of the 5 gallons filter into the 30 gallons filter area. It'll probably uncycle your 5 gallon a bit...but should recover pretty quickly.

I placed a new filter sponge into my 5G and left in there for a few days. Then i took out the original filter sponge (ALL not 30-35%) which i started of with from 5G and put into my 30G filter. There still seems to be nothing happening. Over 4 weeks and still no nitrIte:(!! What more can i do?

It did affect my 5G for about 2days, but its now back to normal and fully cycled again.

Thanks,

Back
Top Bottom