Self Cloning Crayfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looking to have a supply of food for a GSP. Currently have a snail population but figured a variety in diet would be a good idea.

I have never seen those before, interesting and thanks for the post. What do ya mean yours is (berried)?

Eggs have dropped to under the tail. Probably see babies in 45-60 days. Going to be feeders for my puffer.

Thats just what i've heard it called...probably a more technical term out there

LOL...it is a little odd, but lots of creatures do that...But either way its awesome. Plus my puffer will now have an endless supply of delicious crunchy foods.

Hey I'm new to this aquarium thing and I too have a crayfish....can I put a crayfish and puffer in the same tank?...I have a freshwater 10 gallon tank

I would advise against it...the puffer although cute is a viscious lil bugger. He will for sure attempt to eat the crayfish. What kind of puffer is it?

I was setting a tank up for these crayfish. I stopped halfway and was about to get a few crayfish, but I stopped because it would require more care (feeding and tank maintenance time). Plus my wife won't let me have more than 6 fish tank, so I have to be very wise to what I put in my tanks from now on.

Some people are against putting in crayfish too many times inside puffer tanks because they have a chance of injuring their puffs. But others say they are exposed to these dangers out in the wild.

What does your craytank look like?

My current cray tank is only a 10 gallon with driftwood, java moss and a skull decoration. Nothing fancy but is more than acceptable for 1 crayfish...

Let me know how that goes.

I know someone who is using a 29g and stacking pvc pipes on top of each other so that each crayfish can have its own little territory.
I also tried to copy his setup.

If i were to feed crays to my puffer id cut off the claws first. It may be a little cruel but the puffer wont get hurt.

Back
Top Bottom