Seriously bummed!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Talvari

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I just got back from vacation not too long ago. I came home to find that a piece of leaf had dislodged and plugged up my filter. My water flow was non-existant. My one ram had been attacked and had die.d. I was gone from a week. You can do the math... cardinal tetras started dying, I'm assuming. All in all... I lost my platinum ble angelfish, 5 cardinal tetra, 1 blue ram, and half of my dozen or so ghost shrimp. Ugg! I so wanted to tear everything apart and get rid of it, I was so frustrated.

Anyways... I cleaned out the filter, trimmed the live plants, and did a massive water change. Everything looks good again... colors have returned and everyone is acting normal again.

Now this is my 46 gallon tank that I am talking about. I have all live plants that must have loved the filth... my dwarf saggiteria numbers in the fifty or sixties now and I started off with only ten. I only have one veil tail angel, one blue ram, seven cardinal tetra, six glowlight tetra, and four ghost shrimp.

What would you guys add?

I'm thinking I'll get four more glowlights and three more cardinals so I Avten of each. Anything else?

Another GBR and a bottom feeder(s) of some sort. I personally like Bristlenoses.

Why?
GBRs should have a mate, your's is probably lonely. And they are astonishing fish, why not get another 1?
A pleco will round out your tank. Right now you have mid-top dwellers. Add fish to the bottom. A pleco and maybe even some Cory Cats would really round out your tank.

sorry to hear that....I always run 2 Filters on my tanks just because of that scenario....

Maybe one GBR and some Bolivian Rams? They are very Hardy and Peaceful.

Back
Top Bottom