Serpae Tetras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This has helped a lot! Thank you so much! One more question though, is it ok to keep one angle fish? I would love to have a pair but I would hate for them to end up being two males and fighting.

This has helped a lot! Thank you so much! One more question though, is it ok to keep one angle fish? I would love to have a pair but I would hate for them to end up being two males and fighting.

Try to get just one and ask the breeder (if you get it from a breeder) if the fish is aggressive or not/ about its behaviour. I don't have much experience with serpaes but if it's a big and bossy angelfish you should be good. The fact that your tank is planted is good too since there are tons of hiding places.

I'd suggest you talk to an angelfish expert like Andy Sager. My advice won't be half as helpful as his since I'm still learning :)
Good luck!

<g.m.t.a>

Coincidentally, I watched a video last night from an aquarist named Dan Hiteshew. It was a tour of his fish room and, at about 6:22 on the video, he starts talking about his angels and serpaes tank. Oddly, he's leaning toward leaving them together, even though he now thinks the pairing was a mistake: the angels have suffered some stress and fin damage.

On the plus side, a large school of serpaes is gorgeous. I really want a tank of those. :brows:

Well I got an angle fish and she was great with the others. No one bothered each other. But unfortunately she died a few days after I bought her. I think it's because I got her from a pet store. But the good news is I know they wont nip angle fish.

Back
Top Bottom