Set up the 75 today.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This will be the new home of my ex cichlasoma festae fry. Once it's fully cycled of course.

Beautiful great buy for 200. I hope you realize you could instantly cycle your tank by adding some seeded media to your filter.

calfishguy said:
Beautiful great buy for 200. I hope you realize you could instantly cycle your tank by adding some seeded media to your filter.

I've heard conflicting stories on that. Some people say while it does kickstart the whole process it will not "instantly" cycle the tank. Others say put the media in and bam.....you're cycled.

I used seeded filters from my other tanks too. Instantly cycles?? I was wondering that too as I have been getting great readings on mine:) post pics when ur done with ur tank:)))

Added a few clay pots so rearranging was needed. Also added some Lilly and aponogeton bulb to try the live plant game. Hopefully I will have some sprouts in the next few weeks. Tell me what y'all think.

Attachments

• image-1442097180.jpg
    image-1442097180.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 73
Putting seeding material does not instantly cycle the tank. I put 3 decorations, 2 handfuls of gravel, and a dirty filter cartridge from my sister's tank in my 30 gallon for cycling, and the ammonia hasn't dropped a bit from when I first dosed it on 6-26.

No I think because its constantly cleaning algae from everything.

Back
Top Bottom