Sexing a blue 3 spot gourami

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aimstro

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I don't know if this is the right topic to post this. Im new here.
Anyways i recently got a blue gourami and im thinking it is a female but i want to be 100% possitive before buying any more gouramis

sry for phone quality

I don't know if this is the right topic to post this. Im new here.
Anyways i recently got a blue gourami and im thinking it is a female but i want to be 100% possitive before buying any more gouramis

View attachment 120142

View attachment 120143

sry for phone quality

Sexing is real easy. The females top fin is shorter and has a rounded back edge. The males have a more pointed top fin. Hard to tell from small pics. Can you make them bigger and I would know for sure.

I cannot make it any bigger without it looking like a blur lol.
It has a rounded dorsal fin but it seems longer then most females.

Also has allot of aggression to anything other then Ghost shrimp, Cory cats, and baby Guppies.

I tried putting a smaller male with her and he was ....ed up instantly he had chuncks out of his tail and would not eat after i tried to save him so it made me wounder if she was male instead.

you need them in groups of at least three to four. One male to two or three females, that way the aggression will/should go away.

Oh good to know. i have just read that if there are 2 then one will usually be aggressive torwards the other so i assumed one was fine.

but thats cool becasue i have plently of room in my 60 gallon and i like these fish allot i've only had goldfish and guppies in the past so i like finally getting somthing a bit prettier.

altho if i get a few more 3 spots im probably gonna have to move my guppy fry because the chances of atleast one of them being a fry eater is gonna be greater right?

and thanks for the advice

Back
Top Bottom