Shall i accept?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishesInTank

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok, so my father's friend offer me an aquarium (length: 160 cm wide: 80 cm and height: 80 cm) + A RED BELLY PIRANHA (one) yes a Red belly piranha, it might be put on my pond or in the new tank and its ahout 30 cm, he say that if its alone it is not agressive and very shy. He has been with him for a year and friendly, and beautiful colour.

shall i accept this offer? Cuz i dont want to hurt his feelings though (doesnt mean u can say no) just tell me yes or no and why

Sent from my GT-I9152 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Don't see why not, this sounds like a very large tank.

If look at getting more as most piranha will do better in groups, like many schooling fish that is likely the reason for it being so shy.

Caleb

That's a 60" by 32" tank. Indeed very large tank. 172G tank. If you have the space for it, I don't see why not. I always like free tanks.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

I like the tank, how do you feel about the fish?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That's a 60" by 32" tank. Indeed very large tank. 172G tank. If you have the space for it, I don't see why not. I always like free tanks.

If the tank is 60",32",32", it's closer to 265g I believe unless my math is off

I would take it just for the tank and put the fish in the pond. Unless you wanted a piranha tank. I would personally make it a community tank with lots of little schooling fish

He say piranhas eat small goldfish, is it okay? Or shall i feed em other kinds of meat or fish?

I like the tank, how do you feel about the fish?

My parents agreed, only need the food they want to. They sound pretty intresting!

He say piranhas eat small goldfish, is it okay? Or shall i feed em other kinds of meat or fish?

They will eat goldfish but it's not good to feed them goldfish. The reasoning is goldfish very much lack in nutritional value. Actual meat or high grade pellet food if possible would be better.

Caleb

They will eat goldfish but it's not good to feed them goldfish. The reasoning is goldfish very much lack in nutritional value. Actual meat or high grade pellet food if possible would be better.

Caleb

I'll try finding perfect meat or pellet for them

His name is Yakub or Jacob in english, if i have 5, idk, they might be expensive or become aggressive

Yeah, 270US Gal. I'm not sure why my calculation got messed up. Anyways, its even bigger lol

20% and you are looking at changing almost 60gal of water every week. That's a lot of water!!

I hope OP is ready for this, even if the tank is free, you need another 60+ gallon somewhere just for water change, or you would spend a lot of money on water conditioner..

We all must have different ways to measure water volume. I'm interested to know how everyone came up with different answers. I do mine length x width x hight /231. On the bright side it's fresh water so that will definitely help with the cost of water changes

Yeah, 270US Gal. I'm not sure why my calculation got messed up. Anyways, its even bigger lol

20% and you are looking at changing almost 60gal of water every week. That's a lot of water!!

I hope OP is ready for this, even if the tank is free, you need another 60+ gallon somewhere just for water change, or you would spend a lot of money on water conditioner..

I have no problems getting water change cuz i also have another 3 aquarium

Is this miracle? I got my Jacob today and i havent got the new tank that i said yet, so theres no other places but pond filled with koi, goldfish, carp and tilapia,is this miracle? It seems Jacob does not attack my fish and seems to be friendly but still very shy

Is this miracle? I got my Jacob today and i havent got the new tank that i said yet, so theres no other places but pond filled with koi, goldfish, carp and tilapia,is this miracle? It seems Jacob does not attack my fish and seems to be friendly but still very shy

Piranhas hunt in groups if they are all larger fish in the pond you probably don't have to worry until you add more

Back
Top Bottom