Shane's Fishroom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That is just too easy for a kid as smart as you ! :nono:

Lucky I don't have to deal with liquid rock.... RO is a pain to use. I got a machine, but I am still trying to figure it out!

One of the biggest attributes for living in Seattle/Portland area is the tap water! That is, for fishkeepers. Every club speaker talks about it :D.

I handle things much the way you do Shane, no testing or measuring gizmos, just sight, smell, sound and instinct. Then again, I'm not a commercial breeder. I bet Bandit could out do both of us using our shared unorthodox methods if he wanted to.

:lol: He could beat us if we gave him a kiddie pool, a pair of rams, and a CD player with all his favorite hits... he would swim in there everyday on the lookout for eggs ;).

:lol: He could beat us if we gave him a kiddie pool, a pair of rams, and a CD player with all his favorite hits... he would swim in there everyday on the lookout for eggs ;).
I do look for eggs every day ,sometimes multiple times..And the fish never complain about the music!:thanks:

Considering making a fish room video soon... maybe end of December.

People are always buying crappy rams from PetCo and PetSmart.... how about American bred and raised, beautiful German Blue Rams? Do those even exist??

Yes, yes they do. In fact, one of the members on this very forum has the (in my opinion) best rams in the US.

These are some crappy photos I took before going to school this morning... just look at these beauties.
RjnSRvJ.jpg

@coralbandit these guys are on their 15th spawn or so.. idk what to say man. Thanks for your work... next on my list are those reds you got running!

X7z4VEj.jpg

E85zAQW.jpg

CQWtjIq.jpg

VK1ecmy.jpg

You sure make them look good !
Glad you are doing so well with them..
The good rams are few and far between..
I count 3 maybe 4 breeders I know listed I would consider buying from.
I don't any real importers or anything like that and Asian stock is not for me..

People are always buying crappy rams from PetCo and PetSmart.... how about American bred and raised, beautiful German Blue Rams? Do those even exist??

Yes, yes they do. In fact, one of the members on this very forum has the (in my opinion) best rams in the US.

These are some crappy photos I took before going to school this morning... just look at these beauties.
RjnSRvJ.jpg

@coralbandit these guys are on their 15th spawn or so.. idk what to say man. Thanks for your work... next on my list are those reds you got running!

X7z4VEj.jpg

E85zAQW.jpg

CQWtjIq.jpg

VK1ecmy.jpg
Nice looking Rams Shane:) The breeder you found sure has nice stock:cool:

You sure make them look good !
Glad you are doing so well with them..
The good rams are few and far between..
I count 3 maybe 4 breeders I know listed I would consider buying from.
I don't any real importers or anything like that and Asian stock is not for me..

I agree!

AnYL3CF.jpg

Ntk66oJ.jpg

Here is a young female... less than two inches. Mature females are just insane.

My male is hiding so I am unable to get some nice flicks of him right now... just got these guys 2 days ago from a friend.

Hey, just read through all the posts and am totally in love with your fish room, I love apistos too!! Just curious how you have been getting your hands on some of the less common guys, like the crenicichlas? I think they're awesome.

Hey, just read through all the posts and am totally in love with your fish room, I love apistos too!! Just curious how you have been getting your hands on some of the less common guys, like the crenicichlas? I think they're awesome.

PM me what you are looking for and I can get ahold of them or people who have them for you. Glad you share similar interests as me!

AnYL3CF.jpg

Ntk66oJ.jpg

Here is a young female... less than two inches. Mature females are just insane.

My male is hiding so I am unable to get some nice flicks of him right now... just got these guys 2 days ago from a friend.
Are you trying to breed them and if so what tricks.
I find them very interesting also and think their appeal would be greater if more knew about them...:brows:

Are you trying to breed them and if so what tricks.

I find them very interesting also and think their appeal would be greater if more knew about them...:brows:

I heard that at size, they spawn like rabbits. And their fry care is phenomenal. They are nice because of their size, but rare because of the fact that people don’t know much about them. Feeding can occasionally be a problem, but they have been taking most worm like foods without a problem. I have not tried bbs with them yet. They are sharing a tank with Corydoras zygatus, I think they are good tank mates because they both love the same foods and eat at similar speeds.

Nice .
I am sure you will have success with them if you try.
I might find an interest in them if I find space....
So many great fish....

Nice .
I am sure you will have success with them if you try.
I might find an interest in them if I find space....
So many great fish....

I will keep you in mind for them! I am enjoying them a lot.

I got a new Apistogramma sp. recently... it seems to be a form of agassizii. Will only really know once grown out. Caudal spot is square and tail is round with heavy spotting... not totally sure if it is in fact agassizii. Maybe it is something else.

IMG_0055.jpg
IMG_0058.jpg
IMG_0057.jpg
IMG_0056.jpg

Back
Top Bottom