Sharks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RyanBenson

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok, so I would really love a shark in my tank, rainbow or redtail. I know they are a semi-aggressive fish and I should only have one of its kind. What other fish go well with a rainbow or a redtail shark and which shark would you prefer? I'm all about exotic fish, and I know, due to certain things, that not all exotic fish will be compatible in a 55 gallon tank, however, if anyone knows some beautiful species that go well with either 2 of the sharks then I would love to add them to my stock list.

First off, I am not sure what you mean by exotic fish.
Second, in a 55g, I suggest a rainbow shark rather than a red tail. For some species ideas, look into feistier species like golden wonder killies, tiger barbs, or one of the other, less common barb species like ruby or snakeskin.
Do you currently have an fish in the 55g? Or, are you staring from scratch?

First off, I am not sure what you mean by exotic fish.
Second, in a 55g, I suggest a rainbow shark rather than a red tail. For some species ideas, look into feistier species like golden wonder killies, tiger barbs, or one of the other, less common barb species like ruby or snakeskin.
Do you currently have an fish in the 55g? Or, are you staring from scratch?

Sorry about that, I should've been more clear, by exotic I meant mor won the colorful side, or fish with odd patterns. No I don't have any fish in it at the moment but once I finish my fishless cycle I will be adding the fish around 2-3 days after its established!

Also, these are the bottom swimmer I want to have:

2-3 black kuhli loaches
2-3 otocinclus
1 bristle nose pleco

Also, these are the bottom swimmer I want to have:

2-3 black kuhli loaches
2-3 otocinclus
1 bristle nose pleco

In a 55, I would up that to more like 8 kuhlis. They like groups anyways, and have small bioloads. I would also do at least 5 otos. Same thing, they hang out in groups, and are not a super messy fish anyways. I suggest waiting a bit on otos though, they seem to often do best in a tank that has running for about 6 months or so since they feed primarily on algae and biolfilm and often do not take to supplements well like some other algae eating species do. I would say that a bnp should be fine right away though.

Thanks for clarifying what you meant by exotic. Some other species to check out would be serpae tetras, silver-tip tetras, bloodfin tetras, red-eyed tetras, or giant danios.

Back
Top Bottom