Shell Dweller tank in the making

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

matt869

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Here is a pic of my shell dweller tank at present. It is a 60L Elite tank and has been set up for sometime now. It's inhabitants at present are 4 platies and 4 danios. I recently removed the decor I had and replaced it with the 2 rocks there now. Looking a little bare at the moment but will be adding the shells sometime soon, just waiting for them to arrive :) I'll be keeping the platies in there but removing the danios once I purchase he shell dwellers. Maybe a month or two before I can afford to get the fish but will be updating my progress here incase anyone is interested.

If anyone has any tips / advice for me along the way I would be very grateful.

I suppose my only question at the minute is about a background. Really don't like the one I have, does anyone recommend any types or single colour?

Cheers
Matt

image-8084253.jpg

Just make sure it's on the outside of your back pane and it won't matter what paint you use ;) Aquarium safe paint only matters if you're trying to paint it on the inside, which is pretty hard to do when you have fish and water in there already.

What sort of shell dwellers did you have in mind? Hermit crabs are the only thing that come to mind when I think shell dwellers, but I think they need access to ledges that break the surface.

Sorry yea should of said. Looking to get Neolamprologus multifasciatus. 5 of.

image-3037539738.jpg

Nice, those should be fun to watch! Platy fry would make good live food for them too it sounds like.

matt869 said:
Sorry yea should of said. Looking to get Neolamprologus multifasciatus. 5 of.

Those are very pretty! Hope you enjoy them

Thanks guys, yea that's what I'm hoping. With 3 females and a male I could be over run!

Back
Top Bottom