Shipping during this heat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kdklovesfish

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys. I have successfully shipped fish during the winter with insulated boxes and heat packs. But how do you ship fish in this heat? I live in TX and it's nearing triple digests already... Boo...

I'll be watching this, I wondered about this issue, I live in a hot area also, and have ordered plants, and found if the plants aren't potted then the don't survive. In high 80's and low 90's the plants turned to mush in the 2 day shipping, most people use.

I been reluctant to order any fish because of this.

Try contacting the person/company in charge to ship it to you and ask for information, as methods vary from one to another. They will probably offer you overnight shipping with something else like ice bags or another alternative to keep the bags cool. I wouldn't think that it's the safest idea, especially for plants...

Ok, I meant how do I ship fish in this heat...

But I've been wondering if it's just not safe and to wait until fall to try to sell mine again. Although a lot of people do it... Really confused!

I strongly suggest to use those cold packs instea of those heat packs. You could also use use in double ziplock bags wrapped in newspaper around the Actaul bag te fish is transported in. Also, use a styrofoam, this is only if te temperature is like at least90. If its not, don't use any special temperature packs as the heat will be perfect for the fish in the insulated box but if te temperature fluctuates a lot, do what I said above.

Back
Top Bottom