Shipping Guppies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oohitsae

Aquarium Advice Addict
Who has shipped off guppies here?

I am supposed to send 5 juvies off next week but am not totally sure about how to go about it. My only experience with shipping is with bettas and plants.

Should I bag them all together, or seperate them?? I have larger bags along with regular "fish tube" bags, the fish tubes are what I use and what is normally used for betta shipping since they are shipped 1/bag.
I've gotten my endler's in both ways, a single one per bag, and all 12 in one large bag...

Also, how long should I fast before shipping? I normally fast my bettas for about 3 days before they get sent off, but I'm not sure if that'd be too long to fast a guppy? 3 days fast plus 2-3 days shipping??

For my box, I am using styrofoam to insulate, double bagging, and then wrapping paper towel around each bag (or just the 1 bag I'm using) and then adding newspaper to fill the rest of the space in the box if theres extra room. For the bag, it'll be 2/3 water 1/3 air pumped in through an air pump and airline tubing. Also there will be a 72hr heat pack taped to the top of the box.

Anything I'm forgetting??

Back
Top Bottom