Shoaling fish to complement bleeding heart tetras?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CherryBarb123

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am after some fish to compliment my 9 bleeding heart tetras in my 55 gallon.

I want shoaling fish that will look good next to or around the bleeding hearts. I don't want them to be too busy and I want them to be tight shoalers. They need to be big enough not to be eaten by angelfish.

So, basically I want a tight shoaling fish that will compliment my shoal of bleeding hearts, isn't too busy and won't be eaten by angels.

I am not asking for stocking advice, merely asking for what fish would suit this criteria best
smile.png

I am after some fish to compliment my 9 bleeding heart tetras in my 55 gallon.

I want shoaling fish that will look good next to or around the bleeding hearts. I don't want them to be too busy and I want them to be tight shoalers. They need to be big enough not to be eaten by angelfish.

So, basically I want a tight shoaling fish that will compliment my shoal of bleeding hearts, isn't too busy and won't be eaten by angels.

I am not asking for stocking advice, merely asking for what fish would suit this criteria best

Rumynose tetras or you could double your current school of tetras.

Rummynose tetras are the best and tightest schooling, not shoaling, fish I've ever kept. Harliquen rasboras also school faily well. Hatchetfish are another good schooling fish when I've kept them. Glass cats always have schooled ultra tight but do so towards the bottom level of the tank when I've had them.

Thank you! :)

I like rummies and had them before, I may consider them :)

I would like some fish further up than the bottom, so I guess that rules out the glass cats :)

I have seen bloodfin tetras recommended as good schoolers, any experiences with them, particularly around angels??

Any other suggestions, anything more exotic is also welcome :D

Thank you! :)

I like rummies and had them before, I may consider them :)

I would like some fish further up than the bottom, so I guess that rules out the glass cats :)

I have seen bloodfin tetras recommended as good schoolers, any experiences with them, particularly around angels??

Any other suggestions, anything more exotic is also welcome :D

How about some of the larger paskai rainbow fish if you want something exotic.

Oooh, they look interesting.....what about rainbows generally like boesemani Rainbows?

I am awfully tempted by some rummies again....or harlequins....I dunno! :D

Ok, I won't go with them, they'll probably clash with my bleeding hearts :D

I am torn between rummies, bloodfins and harlequins......which do you suggest out of those 3??

Ok, I won't go with them, they'll probably clash with my bleeding hearts :D

I am torn between rummies, bloodfins and harlequins......which do you suggest out of those 3??

I'd go with Rummies. Depending on what else you want to stock you may be able to add tetras and rainbows.

Rummy's are a good choice for angels. In the 30 plus years I've been keeping angels, rummy's have always done well with them. Currently I have 12 adult angels and 25 rummies in my planted 220g.

Back
Top Bottom