So, I got my friend into the world of aquaria. He put a 40 gallon tank into his office. Everything is going well so far, but I noticed something unusual. I have keys to his office, so I went into to put some Java Moss in his tank. Every time I put my hands into the water, I got a shock. It's a very low current shock. It's like get flicked very lightly. The only thing that is submerged in the water is the heater. I assume that's what is causing it, and I told him to get a new one. The fish seem to be doing fine though. He doesn't have time to get a heater right away, probably until this weekend. Is there any harm in this?
It could have been just me, but I got shocked over ten times. I would think I would have discharged any charge in me after a couple times.