Shoud I Move My Fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishyWater2525

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi!

Some of you may have seen my earlier posts about bettas with White Clouds,but now I have another question.
Not only do I have a 10 gallon, I also have a 20 gallon. I was thinking maybe I could put the White Clouds in the 20 gallon so I could do bettas in the 10 gallon.

Does anyone think this is reasonable? The current inhabitants of my 20 is 3 Hi Fin Black Skirt Tetras and a Molly. ( I plan to add 3 more Black Skirts) would White Clouds be ok in this tank?

If it is possible, I was thinking of a female betta sorority in the 10 gallon. If not, than I would put in a divider and keep 2 males. If neither of those works out, I could always keep a boy/girl in there with I few other fish...

Any suggestions are welcome!!! Thanks!!!!

A female betta sorority would be great! Add a few african dwarf frogs and shrimp :)

The white clouds would be fine in the 20, but I wouldnt keep 2 betta with a divider. They will stress each other out and most likley really shorten there lifespan and quality of life.

Ok, thanks!!!!!

If I do the sorority, how many females do you suggest? Are there any precautions I should take? Advice is welcome! Thanks!!

You could do 5, with some khuli loaches, or pygmy cory cats. But sometime it works and other time it dosent. Sometimes it turns into female betta fight club. I would try to get them all at the same time and all from the same store where they are all already in the same tank. This would help with the chance of success.

Thanks!!!
Last night, I went to walmart and passed by the fish section, where I came across the most beautiful female betta I've ever seen!! Unfortunately, I couldn't get her at that time....:( She was purple with red streaks on her fins and blue polka dots on her top fin. And to top it off, she was in PERFECT health!!!! I wish I could have gotten her, but I have no open tanks......:banghead:

I just have a couple more questions..
4 of my White Clouds are still young and small. Would it run a risk to put them in my 20 gallon with full grown Black Skirts right now, or should I wait until they're grown?

And also,
What if the girl betas you buy aren't already in the same tank? And how would I go about introducing them to each other? And while I'm on the subject, does anyone have a heater they need to get rid of for 10g???:ermm:

Thanks!!!:D

Back
Top Bottom