should i buy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tmac911

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am thinking of buying a 300 gallon UniQuarium. Are they good and is there built in filter good. I figuire il get like 15 tinfoil barbs and 15 bala sharks or I will go all bala sharks and get about 30, will they get along? I am also looking at some tanks on ebay. Thankyou

Bala Sharks only get what 10" ??? 300 gallons and 6 would be 50 gallons apiece! I think he could at least go with 10 and maybe some other type of fish for the top.

That is correct Hrafnkel. Bala sharks need plenty of swimming space. The 1 inch per gal rule does not apply to them. They dart around the tank quickly. They are quick movers and need the space to do it in.

How many tinfoil barbs can fit in 300gal? Im looking to go 300 gallon and get as many as I can. Im gonna get 2 rena filstar xp3's.

The problem with all-in-one products is that if one part goes bad, the whole thing could be useless. If you decide that the filter doesn't have the flow rate you want, that's too bad because you cant change it. Also, you have to have the back easily accessible to clean the filter. I like a filter that I can take into the bathroom to clean. I would only go for that uniquarium if the deal was great. Otherwise, an overflow tank with matching stand would be a better idea. More options, more flexibility, and less waste if one part dies.

I am looking to buy the aquarium, stand, and canopy on ebay and put it in my basement primarily cause of all the weight.Its not the UniQuarium. Would a etheim 2260 be a good filter?

Tmac911 said:
I am looking to buy the aquarium, stand, and canopy on ebay and put it in my basement primarily cause of all the weight.Its not the UniQuarium. Would a eheim 2260 be a good filter

Jcarlilesiu
I am looking to buy the aquarium, stand, and canopy on ebay and put it in my basement primarily cause of all the weight.Its not the UniQuarium. Would a eheim 2260 be a good filter

AshleyNicole said:
Bala Sharks only get what 10" ??? 300 gallons and 6 would be 50 gallons apiece! I think he could at least go with 10 and maybe some other type of fish for the top.

12"-14", and I would go for perhaps 10-12 maximum, plus a bottom-dweller or two.

Back
Top Bottom