should I down size? o_O

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mariah

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have quite a big room and currently have 5 fish tanks! I have a 55 gallon cichlid that i have had for about 4 months now. They are about 3 inches and there is 13. I then have two 29 gallon tanks. One is goldfish. I am trying to get them out into my 150g pond but have to wait tell after winter. 3 of the goldfish are 8 years and the other two are 1 year old. My other 29gallon tank currently has 4 zebra danios and a oplaine gourami. I have had that tank set up for a long time and the little guys are slowly dieing off. I then have a 10gallon with two baby cichlids in it not even an inch yet. Last but not least i have a about 2 gallon with a betta. The bettas actual tank is the 10 gallon by himself but i was expecting baby cichlids so i had to move him. I have been thinking about maybe getting a 120 gallon. My dads not to happy about it. I have been trying to convince him before i got my 55 gallon about a year ago. I really want just the 120g, no other tanks. And it would be a cichlid tank i think. Do bigger tanks break easy? I don't know if my floor would hold it. Also, would the 120g with a canister filter and all the works be cheaper for hydro then all my tanks now? (All have hob filters) i don't know what to do :/ i need to cut down on water changes as i hate doing them and they take 4-5 hours.

Hi I know the feeling! I done this many many years ago and had far too many tanks:banghead: I now have just four tanks:angel: I have what i call my two show tanks,a five footer and a six footer,then a two foot for two goldfish which are temporary residents till spring{same as you on that one:)}the other tank is my shrimp rearing tank. A bigger tank is less work but means moving more water about,I change forty gallons on the two tanks combined,so thats allot of water.This obviously needs consideration on your part? Also yes the one big tank would cost less to run. I would consider having a big 'show' tank p;us maybe one smaller tank to try idea's in? Good luck.

Hi I know the feeling! I done this many many years ago and had far too many tanks:banghead: I now have just four tanks:angel: I have what i call my two show tanks,a five footer and a six footer,then a two foot for two goldfish which are temporary residents till spring{same as you on that one:)}the other tank is my shrimp rearing tank. A bigger tank is less work but means moving more water about,I change forty gallons on the two tanks combined,so thats allot of water.This obviously needs consideration on your part? Also yes the one big tank would cost less to run. I would consider having a big 'show' tank p;us maybe one smaller tank to try idea's in? Good luck.

With the water changes i am currently doing i guess i change about 75-85 gallons? I do about a 70% change on my tanks. So with a 120 if i did 50% id be doing 60gallons. So really its the same amount. Its just difficult because i have to unplug the tanks as i go and yeah. I don't have to carry any water or anything any more!! :) i use a siphon and put it out my window to our outside drain then have another tube from my kitchen sink. I love the variety with fish and love change.... i just don't know :/

Back
Top Bottom